top of page

Homeshare Documentation Required

To be able to process your application to be a home share companion or a family / homeowner  we do require you to provide certain documentation so that we can verify your address, references etc.

Required Documentation

  • Proof of current address: utility bill or bank statement

  • Written reference from a Healthcare Professional (Doctor or Community Health Nurse)

Home Share Companion
Required Documentation

  • 3 to 4 written references on formal company paper from professional bodies for example employer, university, or a place you volunteer.

  • Proof of current address e.g. utility bill, bank statement, or a letter from employer confirming your current address

  • Passport Photo or Driver’s License

What Needs To Be Included?

Home Share Companion’s Written References

As part of our service Elder Home Share has a character reference check process, you will need to provide three written references and each reference will need the following information:

  1. Logo and or website address of organisation providing reference

  2. The reference needs to be up to date as older references lose credibility and may not suffice.

  3. Your name – to ensure the reference was written for you

  4. The character reference needs to be written in English

  5. Full name and job title of person providing the reference

  6. Address of organisation

  7. Contact telephone number of organisation to contact the reference.

 Please ensure all documents you upload have this very important information.

Home Share Companion’s Written References

Example of a Written

Character Reference

(Click image to enlarge)

Homeowner/Family’s Healthcare Professional Reference

What I need to have in a Doctors or community health nurse reference:

  1. Doctor’s Contact Details
    – Name of doctor
    – Address of doctor
    – Contact phone number
    – Website address if there is one
    – Date the letter was written on

  2. Name and address of home owner / date of birth

  3. Content of letter should be relevant to home owners suitability to avail of a home share
    companion that is will provide suitable support for needs of elderly person and that the
    home owner has a level temperament and attitude to home share.

  4. Letter should be signed by doctor

Please ensure your Doctor’s Letter that you upload has this very important information.

Homeowner/Family’s Healthcare Professional Reference

Example of a Doctor’s Letter 

(Click image to enlarge)

Utility Bill

Elder Home Share requests that the families and companions upload a utility bill for proof of address. This needs to include the following information:

  1. Name and address of home owner seeking a companion

  2. Up to date utility bill

All documents should be clear and easy to read.

Utility Bill

Example of Utility Bill

(Click image to enlarge)

Thank you in advance. We’re looking forward to hopefully finding you a happy home share match!

bottom of page